Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Updates and a new project!

Hello guys! You'll notice I changed and updated a lot here. Over this post you'll find some pages I added and I wished a long time. And I hope you also like the new features on the right side and my new design. You should especially take a look to the Tutorials page, where you'll find my collected tutorials and really nice sites which maybe help or inspire you for your own project. I still have to change, add and update some things, so be sure to check back my site regulary if you're interested! :)

In the last days I tried my best to fullfill your desires: At first I created my first video tutorial:




















Please be not too shocked. You see, I have no blue skin and no spiky, long ears and yeah, it's really so easy to work with wonderflex how it looks. So try it by yourself! You can buy Wonderflex in Europe from  www.mycostumes.de and in the US from Dazian Fabrics.

And maybe some of you knows, that I already hold some workshops on german conventions. Now I want also to try this abroad and offered a convention in France, in England and in the US my service. I really would enjoy to meet you guys there and tell you a bit how I work, give you adviced and tips and answer your questions. It's always so awesome to get a further chance to help someone, so I hope I will get a positive response,  despite of I'm a bit scared of talking in english in front of audience. But there is always a first time and I also managed this in german often enough before!

There were also some of you, who met me on MCM and I really enjoyed our talk, dispite of it was maybe a short one. It was awesome to met so many new and old friends and I hope to manage it to come next time back! MCM was also really nice and it was amazing how much effort and love the guys from Totally Cosplay and EuroCosplay put in their project. They did so much for us and everyone of them was just awesome. At the end we really made the first place at the maquerade contest! I still cannot believe it, especially because we get to go on stage in the last second before we undressed our costumes. It was just amazing! Thank you so much, MCMLondon!

And then I started with my new project....


At the moment I saw the Demon Hunter presentation via livestream at Blizzcon I felt in love! I really love the design of the armor and the character, despite of I'm sure that I will be not the only Demon Hunter next year. Because of this reason and the fact, that I really would enjoy to build a new huge armor I choosed the heavy armor version of the Demon Hunter. Maybe I just want to create something special and find a new challenge, but at first I'm sure that I will have a lot of fun with the construction!

Here you see my first results:

(Right upper and lover bracer)

(Right claw)

(Left lower bracer and shield... or what this should be on the refrence...)

It's really more difficult to work with a single picture as a reference if you are huge spoiled by the WoW modeleviewer. Sometimes I build something I don't really know what this should be and can only guess. And for the back side I need some imagination. It's difficult, but I also love to work with wonderflex again. It's so easy and nice to work with, that I cannot wait for the further progress. 

And now I'm looking forward for no convention stress anymore, Cataclysm's release, christmas sweets and some nice, creative months. Take care and see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment