Friday, May 20, 2011

L.A. Noire - PS3

It's too early to tell if I like L.A. Noire yet. There are some things I definitely love and some things that bug the heck out of me. But I won't go into that right now.

What I WILL say is something that happened yesterday evening and that totally caught me off-guard.

I was leisurely driving to a destination and stopped at a red light. While waiting for the light to turn green, the radio was playing. And I was just looking around, at the people walking by and crossing, the store fronts. Then a tram went by at another street far off and went *ding ding*. The street sounds all around me, tapping my foot to the music ...

Then a car honked at me from behind, because the light had been green for a while and I wasn't moving. I had been totally lost in the setting for a few minutes without realizing!! A little moment of pure immersion.

For all it's faults and shortcomings. This little revelation made up for a lot of it. :)
It was great.

Not quite a holo-deck, but pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment